Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It Happens.....

This has been one of those "purging" weeks. Every now and then, I go on a rampage and "purge" stuff out of my life. It began with the kitchen, filled 4 boxes of stuff I never use, and put that in the "abyss" that I call my garage in hopes I will finally have that "garage sale".

Then last night, I began in my closet. Oh heavens, where do you begin. Let's start with the blue jeans, hmmmm, I will never be that size again, toss those, that was my "trauma trim" era. Oh look, the 80's called and they want their denim leggings back, toss. Yikes, did I really fill out those jeans, toss, better not EVER be that size again. And what was I thinking when I bought that dress? Where the heck will I ever wear that, the prom? And why are all my work clothes "black and white"? Hmmm. Always check all pockets before discarding...yeah, found $10.00. And then you stumble upon the box of "him" containing the photographs, the jewelry, the cards and letters, the dried roses and the teddy bear he recorded his voice on.....and you pause.....sitting crosslegged on your closet floor and smile.....and realize that he was just another chapter in this book called life and as Kenny Chesney said so well, "I was better as a memory than as your man" . True dat! Now I have 5 more boxes to drag downstairs to the Abyss.

Then tonight, I cleaned out my car. Holy mother of pearl, it looked like a vietnamese refuge camp in there. For those of you that know me, I am always on the go. Thus, my car also doubles as my office/closet.
By the end of the week, there are at least 5 coffee cups clinking into one another on the floorboard of the passenger side and usually a tube of mascara or lip gloss rolling around my ankles. My makeup bag usually sits on the passenger seat along with my appointment book, cell phone and ATM card. Makeup is usually applied in the driveway before putting car in reverse on extra busy mornings. Tonight, I removed 3 dresses, 4 pairs of high heels, 2 pairs of pantyhose, my retainer case, gym clothes, a christmas present and one Ugg boot from the back seat. You see, often times I don't have time to go home and change, so I have to change in my car depending on where my next destination is. I also keep a duffle bag stuffed with jeans, sweatshirts, and flip flops handy as back-up clothing. Oh, and the book I am supposed to be reading for Book Club is buried beneath this pile of clothing.

Also on the passenger seat (where sometimes Chelsea gets to sit, when she sweeps everything off to the floor) is a pile of last week's mail, Mr. Moto's sweatshirt, chopsticks, 2 broken finger nails, 3 pairs of sunglasses, and OMG, wadded up in aluminum foil is the other half of the Costco hot dog I ate on Sunday..............

2 comments:

  1. omG! this is my life!!! well put! My home is under construction and I have hit just about every corner, college daughter and sons room remain. I hope you don't mind I highlighted this article on my FB Page.
    :))

    ReplyDelete