Sunday, April 18, 2010

After Shock

.....is how to describe what I am feeling right now. Someone very dear to me has received some devastating news that has turned their world upside down. Out of respect for their privacy, we will just call them "friend" because that is what they are to me in the truest sense of the word. One of the "best".

We spoke yesterday for over an hour and a half and we hashed it out, all the possibilities and the what if's. We laughed and we cried. It's not gonna be easy, but we will do it.

WE WILL BEAT THIS! Remember, we are just taking a detour, on this road we call life. Six months from now, I will be sitting on your porch again handing out halloween candy to all those little MJ impersonators and eating chicken pot pie with you!

Remember every movie has its lousy parts, and sometimes you have to fast forward thru them. So I bestow upon you the Remote, my friend. You have the power now, I am counting on you, cause there are just too many garage sales left to conquer and Mattas tacos left to eat!

We've been thru so much together, we're not gonna let this curve ball get in our way. We are gonna bat this one right out of the park.

As always, day or night, I'll be there for you, cause you've gotta friend.......

1 comment: