Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bloom Where You Are Planted

Hello Darlings,


Yes, I know I have fallen off the blogisphere. But I have my reasons. So now that the planets have realigned, thank heavens for small favors, we can pick up where we left off.


This is a sunflower that is growing thru a tiny crack in the asphalt in a busy Solvang parking lot near my office. When I saw this, I stopped dead in my tracks. How could this be possible in cement? It was leaning toward the sun, swaying gently in the breeze. It stood strong and happy, unnerved by the chaos and noise around it. Where it was growing was not the best of situations, but it did not waiver. It stood proud and happy. It made the best of what it had and it bloomed.


It made me smile, both inside and out. I just stood there and marveled at its determination....how it fought and pushed up thru that cement and grew. And then it hit me.... I am that sunflower and I too am beginning to bloom again.


Remember, we cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. Bloom where you are planted my lovlies. I've missed you and will catch you up on the last month, pinky swear soon.


Now if you will excuse me....I have over 1600 wedding photos to sort thru so that I may bring you the highlights on Carla and Allen's awesome wedding....

No comments:

Post a Comment