Friday, June 24, 2011

Never Can Say Goodbye

It's been two years now.


I will be at the gate soon and will be joined by many others, some staff and many, many fans. There will be tears, (like now) laughter and dancing.
I am filled with such emotion as I try to put into words how special you were.
"I'll Be There" was the first song of yours I remember in my childhood. It was the first song I "slow danced" to at a school dance. Your pictures graced my bedroom walls.


When you performed on the Motown 25 year anniversary special with the sequined glove and your breathtaking moonwalk, I knew history had just been made. It was a defining moment, not like one where a war has been announced, or a tragic incident, but one of those RARE historical moments that was fun and brought joy for a change, where the history involved magic.



You were magic.
And then you brought the magic to Neverland.



In my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined I'd be a part of your world. You taught me such grace, generosity and love. You were a gentle soul. You inspired me by your humanitarian efforts and your indescribable influence on dance and music. But your biggest role of all, Michael, was that of a Daddy and you rocked it, my friend.


I miss you so. May you sing with the angels above.

No comments:

Post a Comment