Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Do Something You Love

I have a new job....it's called the Professional Job Applicant. I go to work every morning looking for employment, making calls, sending resumes and doing research. I report to my laptop every morning at 8:00 am, complete with hot coffee in hand and search, and search and search.


I blast off my resume and cover letter into cyberspace. Most times, I never hear from these companies. I can count on one hand the amount of interviews I've had, only to be told I am "overqualified and would be bored" in their positions. I could do a documentary on my journey, especially my "Norma Rae" moment while on my last interview when they asked me why I was applying for such an "entry level" position. I let them have it. They sat straight up in their chairs. It felt liberating, I walked out of that office with a smile on my face and thought, your loss, not mine.

Mr. Moto asked me what I would love to do for a living, not what I know how to do, but what I would LOVE to do if given the chance.

My dream job would involve -

adirondak chairs

seashells

vintage things

pretty things

sweet things

romantic things

picket fences
treasure hunting

girlfriends

flea markets

coffee with cream

white chipped paint

quilts

vintage china

old clocks

cozy things

lace curtains

sea breezes

home cooking

shutters

roses from the backyard

chocolate
&

laughter


Now put that all in a blender and what do you have?


Tracy's dream job.

1 comment: