Sunday, June 14, 2009

Feathers........

The day I returned to work after my mother's passing, I found a beautiful white feather on the door mat at the office front door. I picked it up, not giving it much thought and put it in my purse. Several days later at the bottom of the office stairs, I found another white feather. Odd, I've never seen these feathers around here before, but they were so unique, I picked this one up also and have both of them on my visor in my car. Several months later, my sister Gina gave me this book......and several months after that I finally began to read the book.
The first chapter...............The White Feather.......

I am fifty one years old, I've given birth, had major surgery, lost jobs, been divorced, buried close friends and lost the love of my life, but none compare to the heartache I felt when my Mom died.
That was a pain so searing, the scar tissue still wraps my heart, but as time goes by, the wound softens, each and every time I receive a sign from my mom.

You see, those feathers are from her, its her way of telling me she's ok. She and I had this special "connection". I felt her pass thru me moments before she died. It was an incredible rush of warmth that took my breath away, and then filled me with peace. She leaves little signs every now and then, there's no rhyme or reason, whether it be feathers, butterflies or sometimes just a gentle breeze, but she and I both know that's her way of reaching out and for that I am so grateful. Thank you, Mom....I hear you. P.S. How many more times is my baby picture going to fall off my mirror? That's the one I love the best!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! And happy birthday, Chelsea! I love her cake. Who made it?

    ReplyDelete