Friday, December 2, 2011

I Brake for Garage Sales

Ok, Can we talk here? You know, I love me a great garage sale but sometimes just finding them requires NASA's assistance!

I've pretty much got it down to a science between the newspaper ads, my Garage "Saler" AP on my iphone and Craigslist, but I do sometimes rely on your signs ..... and that folks leaves somethin' to be desired.

OK, I'll start with the pretty one, I appreciate the time and the colors you invested, but people, when I'm driving at 35 mph, I cannot read in pastels nor can I get past the dots. Keep them simple, and on hard cardboard, otherwise they bend in the wind making reading difficult unless my head spins like Linda Blair.

A tip...when making your signs, remember the person trying to read them is barely awake and only on their first cup of coffee....if they're lucky.

Always use a THICK, BLACK SHARPIE, for those of us blind as bats who can't even read a dinner menu. Bright colors help too, not to mention ARROWS!!

Next we have the "catchy" ones. What may I ask is a "Sexy" garage sale??? Who is sexy at 6:00 a.m. lugging their crap down the driveway?

And, the BIGGER the BETTER. Think billboards!!


And last but not least, PLEASE take down your signs otherwise, you will end up with a me on your driveway next week at 7 AM knocking on your door lookin' for the shabby, chippy piece of furniture!

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding and straight to the point, like the signs should be..But along with all this is the description of the SIZE! And size does matter. Huge? Gigantic? Colossal? Big? I don't care, but, then again I'm a guy. I don't look at someones size. How about just "Yard Sale". That seems to say it all!

    ReplyDelete