Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thanks Eleanor

Eleanor Roosevelt once said "do something every day that scares you", she obviously was never a single woman.


But that got me thinking. Many things that scare me I have no control over. They just happen, I can't stop them, I face them and its done. However, what if I got to pick things that scared me and I overcame my fears? Would I find courage like the Cowardly Lion in Oz? Hmmm.

So over the last few days I decided to try a few things. I leapt down the staircase while in heels and landed it, only to slip on the linoleum in the hallway. I drank expired milk. I ran 3 red lights on the way to work, (ok so I live in Mayberry), but still.

Or maybe I could have walked outside waving one of Dad's golf clubs high in the air during our thunderstorm last Friday, or ignored my jury summons this week or better yet drank a cup of lake water (that one's for you Ashley).....the possibilities are endless.

But after careful consideration, these acts could have rendered me sick, in jail, unemployed, in the hospital or dead. So maybe I should just stick with the daily fears I don't get to chose and be surprised.
I am still gagging over the lake water one.......

No comments:

Post a Comment