Monday, September 12, 2011

Always

We will always remember the Eleventh of September.

That was the day we witnessed hell on earth.
That was the day the world stopped turning.
We are without question, a more fractured nation and we lost our innocence that day.
I visited Ground Zero several years ago.
It was overwhelming. The silence was deafening.
I was surrounded by others , but no words were spoken among us. Just a quiet respect to those victims who had hopes and dreams. To those people who were just trying to go to work and earn a living for their families, just like us.
But we rose from the ashes, I believe stronger and united.
We are kinder and more patriotic.
We didn't sweat the small stuff.
I still can't get thru the Star Spangled Banner without tears and I always take the opportunity to thank a person in uniform with a nod or handshake for their bravery and protection.
But most of all, I want you to hug the one you are with right now and tell them how much you love them ~
Because you can...........

No comments:

Post a Comment