Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dear Mom,


Today is the 2nd anniversary of your passing. It's a beautiful, summer-like day in the 70's.

It's a gorgeous morning at the breakwater. Armed with a dozen roses, I begin my walk along the sea. You can smell the salt in the air. Got sprayed a few times, which brought back some great childhood memories of our time spent right here.

I pass a few people and they nod and smile. They know, and they give me my private time.

In honor of your four daughters, I toss in four roses, they float towards each other and gently wash out to sea. I toss in seven more roses, naming each of your grandchildren as I do so. Mom, you would be so proud of each and everyone of them right now.

I watch as those seven roses bob up and and down in the waves, heading towards the shore. In the distance, I can hear one lone sea lion barking.

And that leaves me with one rose which I left on the stone wall, because that one is for Daddy and I know he will be here soon.
We miss you Mum, you are forever in our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment