Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's My Life

I love my life. Funny, how some people dread getting older, I find I am now in the best place ever.

What I am learning as I get older is more about ME. Yes ME, someone, who has had no identity for many decades. I learn more about the person I want to be, and the type of person I no longer wish to be. I am learning to finally filter out the negativity and draw in the positivity. All I ever knew was the role of a wife and a mother. And over these last several years, I finally got to meet ME! After some coaxing, she finally came out of her coccoon and blossomed, discovering an amazing world out there, just waiting for her. Filled with good things and good people. Such an inner sense of peace and calm swept over, almost a sense of weightlessness. I'm free. No more cowering, no more settling, no more allowing anyone to tell me I am less than I am. You have to love yourself first, before anyone else can love you. When you find yourself, you find happiness. And no one can ever take that away from you. Not no one, not no how. It's yours to keep. It's my life.....finally.

I'm just saying.....

1 comment: