Saturday, September 19, 2009

"the love inside, you take it with you"

Normally I have no problem putting my thoughts into words. They normally just flow. But tonight, they are stuck. Just like the lump in my throat. But its a good lump, and the tears are good tears. (deep breath). The movie "Ghost" was on TV tonight and I probably haven't watched that in over a decade. I own a VHS copy. So when Patrick Swayze delivered that line tonight to Demi Moore, "the love inside, you take it with you", I felt my breath catch and the tears roll. Not sad tears, but happy tears. Because now I knew.
It was in that moment I realized it is TRUE, they do take our love with them when they go. Because my Mom just said so........you see, she always sends me a sign .....and that VHS copy of "Ghost" I mentioned.......that was a birthday gift from my Mom.....over a decade ago.

And because I got to share this moment with someone who didn't laugh at me when I cried ... Because he cried too.



Pass the Kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment