Sunday, July 19, 2009

I can see clearly now ..................

Isn't this pretty? It begins with a Valium for breakfast, to take the edge off, then they paint your eyes with "betadine". Do you know what betadine in your eyeball feels like? Can you say BURN?

Next, to the operating room, where they allowed my Dad to come in and watch.

The entire procedure on the actual eyeballs took maybe, 5 to 7 minutes and you are done. Dad watched it on a big screen TV and the MD talks you thru every step. It was unbelieveably EASY. No discomfort, I swear. Afterwards, they put you in a dark room to recover, send you home with your choice of a Vicodin or Ambien for lunch. You take one, knock yourself out for 5 hours and then when you wake up, you can SEE. I SWEAR! I drove Chelsea to work and then went to Blockbuster to rent a movie. It is still mind boggling how they can operate on your eye in the morning and by evening you can see almost 20/20. By Saturday morning, I could see 20/25. I must however wear these stylish "Stevie Wonder" glasses for 3 days and 3 nights. And then...........I cannot wear eye makeup for 7 days. OMG!


1 comment:

  1. Honest? It didn't freak you out to have them in your eye? If it really is that easy......maybe I should do it.

    ReplyDelete