Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Beautiful Mom

On the evening of Thursday, February 5th, my mother, passed peacefully surrounded by her four daughters and husband of 54 years. This was sudden and unexpected.

Mom always said she wanted to go first and she got her wish. And just as her favorite Frank Sinatra song says, she did it "My Way".


Hilda Rollins-Coppin 1934 - 2009

Even though our hearts are heavy, my mom's love, and gentle and kind spirit fills us and blankets us with comfort. You were a wonderful Mom, Nana and Wife. You made us the the ladies we are today.

We love you, Mom!

Per her wishes, Mom's ashes will be spread in her hometown of Porthcawl, Wales by my father and her daughters.

2 comments:

  1. I have such a great memory of your mother and father at the yacht club with you and I and my mom and dad, it was a night I will never forger for many reasons. Your mom will always have a special place in my heart, she will truly be missed. David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not knowing your Mom but the way you speak of her is truly beautiful. I hope that time will heal your heart and that you can carry a smile with all the wonderful memories of her.
    Love ya Trace,
    Your Friend, Kim :0)

    ReplyDelete