Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The House that Built Me

This weekend marked my 35th high school reunion. Gads. Did I just say that outloud?
So I hopped on a plane at 6:30 Saturday morning, and was in Phoenix by 8:00. Met at airport by my girlfriend I've have known the longest on this planet, Susie C. We met in 5th grade at the bus stop and have been the best of friends ever since. Though 500 miles separate us now, I moved away my junior year of high school, we have always remained in touch. From training bras to grandchildren, we've not missed a beat. She swooped me up and we were at the Grand Opening of the Scottsdale Goodwill store by 8:40 with coupons in hand. Cause that's how we roll! For $24.00, I walked out with a vintage lamp, an Ann Taylor blouse, an ocean picture (with the $39.95 tag still on it), two shirts and a jacket from Disney's Surf Shop. Heaven knows what more we could have found, if there had been more time and more suitcases...
Next off to pick up lunch for the girls at Mattas mexican restaurant. Susie and I used to ride our bikes there as teens, (I think we had 3-speeds then) to dine on a cheese crisp and a pepsi. We then met up with the other three musketeers at Robin's beautiful home and devoured our meal. We began eating at about 11:30 a.m. and were still at that table 6 hours later. All that talk made us hungry again, so we now venture out to another restaurant for dinner, Troy included. After dinner, we head back to Robin's for a tour of her "craft" room. Martha Stewart, move over, you have nothing on this gal. Oh the stories ~ marriages, divorces, parents, on-line dating, grandchildren. I can't tell you the last time I laughed that hard. Between us, we have almost 20 children, and over 20 grandchildren. A few divorces among us, yet two have been married over 30 years.

We blew off the high school reunion.

Because our reunion was better, much better :)

Susie, Stacy, Robin, Shelley and I talked for almost 12 hours!


~ these are the women that built me ~


P.S. And Susie, the creme brulee french toast the next morning was the bomb!!!!!
And how DO YOU get your thumbs to turn like that??

No comments:

Post a Comment