Friday, January 21, 2011

From dresses to monologues..........

In between my job search, I am surrounded by two stressed-out daughters. One has a wedding, just shy of 6 months away, while the other is memorizing 4 monologues for her Julliard audition. I'm not sure which one is more stressed out! Luckily, Carly found her wedding dress and I have to say it was like watching Cinderella try on that silver slipper. The minute she turned around after we zipped her up, we knew. And yes, my throat did get lumpy. In that moment, when she flashed that, "oh mom, this is the dress" smile, I saw my little girl in that woman and my throat tightened and my eyes filled. What a moment to share together, that one was a keeper. This is my first child to walk down the aisle, my first born. Pass the kleenex. On the other hand, we have the baby girl studying four plays so that she can perform four monologues in San Francisco in 2 weeks. She also has finals this week, is rehearsing every day (she got the lead in "You Can't Take It With You") and working on her vocals for her PCPA audition next weekend. Both have had meltdowns. I'd like to have one myself but, but there is just not time between interviews, wedding plans and monologues. So instead, I do what most people would do.....I go to DISNEYLAND......with my BFF peep Wendy. I even went on Space Mountain where I swear my teeth have realigned themeselves after that ride. Had a great time, yummy lunch, and good laughs. Just what I needed, to check out for the day and leave my worries at the front gate. Now back to reality and my world.
Onward!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment